Sunday 31 March 2013

Another masculine card!!







I seem to have a run on masculine cards at the moment! The card is black and gold not navy as it looks here! I didn't use a template but drew one side of the waistcoat and cut it out, and using the first one as a template cut the next one slightly broader so it could be overlapped and fastened! Using a spare piece of the starry card created a contrasting pocket and placket for the front. I used brads from my stash and a creative expressions antique watch to create a brass fob watch! The chain is a piece of broken costume jewellry stained with Adirondak terra cotta alcohol ink. To create this particular card I chose to make a 'base' card from a piece of A3 card, folding the A3 card in half and cutting it to make a square card 21cm x 21cm.(approx). Then open up the card and make the card into a 'gate fold' card. This also meant that I could make a rather large card but could still use a DL envelope! I attached the starry fronts to the base card before cutting around it and creating a shaped back. You can see the shape is slightly different so the card will stand up. I am entering this card into Cute Card Thursday Challenge 262 - Brass in Pocket,  Divas by design - Use Some Metal and Totally papercrafts- metal

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant my clever clogs friend !!
    Pity the winnert is chosen at random cos you should win this challenge.Have a good day XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, this is so clever I love it!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge with us this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete